Phone: (07) 54486723
Post: PO Box 32, Bli Bli Qld 4560
Maroochy Wetlands Sanctuary, Sports Road, Bli Bli Qld 4560.
The Maroochy Wetlands Sanctuary is located in Bli Bli which is about 1.5 hours drive north of Brisbane. The sanctuary is open to visitors 7 days a week and provides the following;
- Boardwalk path from carpark through four forest types including mangroves to Maroochy River. This path is suitable for wheelchair access.
- Volunteer guides are on site most Sundays to welcome visitors.
- Self-guided walk information.
- Cane Cutters Visitor Centre open most days.
- Mangrove meeting room and volunteers office.
The Maroochy Wetlands Sanctuary is also home to Education Queensland’s Bilai Environmental Education Centre. Bilai Environmental Education Centre provides environmental education programs for schools, to visit their website click here.
General Meetings are held at 7 PM on the second Thursday of every second month at The Sanctuary, Sports Rd, Bli Bli. All welcome including non-members (general public). Contact us for the next due meeting date. Look forward to seeing you there.
How to get there:
Take the Dunethin Rock (Willis Road) turnoff the main Bli Bli Road which links Nambour and Maroochydore. Turn right into Lefoes Road at the traffic lights, then turn right again into Sports Road. The Wetlands Sanctuary is at the end of the sealed road, on the right, just at the entrance to a Strawberry Farm.
Access the sanctuary via the floating jetty by combining a Maroochy River boat cruise with a guided walk in the wetlands.
Map of Maroochy Wetlands Sanctuary
Get in touch